Due to economic reasons in 1925 horse transport was replaced by cheaper in exploitation battery-powered locomotives. In 1931 electric traction (3994 metres long) was introduced on level IV which connected Kościuszko and Wilson shafts located on opposite ends. After the Second World War, the locomotives were used to carry miners from the Kinga shaft to distant places in the eastern part of the mine.
The traction locomotive displayed in the chamber was manufactured by the German firm Siemens in 1950. A wagon attached to the locomotive was used to transport miners on level IV of the mine until the 1970s.